So earlier this week I talked briefly about some of my new years resolutions with a couple friends.. well the list has gotten a tad longer... here goes:
train for the warrior dash (Portland and Seattle).
organize memories (photos on imac) and perserve them and share them with family and friends.
take more pics using my 35 mm eos and actually learn to shoot with it from my friend who passed it down to me and is now a professional photographer. (so proud of her)
become a better friend by utilizing my 'friend project' details to come...
write more creatively.. matrix inspired stories (short ones).
learn to speak french and maybe another language.
make two raised garden beds in my yard and have a bountiful harvest.
have more summer patio parties.
take piano lessons in the summer.
send letters/photos to my momma mia in kcmo, granny and gpa ondrasek in texas, and my foster parents in new york- once a month.
go to bumpershoot with a group of friends.
learn to snowboard in the winter.
camp at least 4 times.
go hiking at least once a month... regardless of the weather!
get lost deep on some back roads...
go to church at least once a month (find a church I like first).
2011 was a good year overall, a lot of ups and DOWNS, it started off with a new job at AHMG, making quite a bit less but with the benefits and growth potential it was something I couldn't pass up. I had surgery in July, which didn't work. Made a new best friend who has been a god send from heaven, truly an awesome friend who listens and loves me for who I am; Mindy. My husband didn't get deployed which I am grateful for. My relationship with my brother... well its still up in the air, I want him happy and I pray that he finds his happy place in 2012, I found mine.. it can happen and WILL! I have faith he will one day be as happy as I am. I had some trials and tribulations with some peers at work, but I overcame them, learned, became a better person, grew, and now took a better paying postion that has soo much more to look forward to with WWGH. I was asked to be part of the EOC committee with WWGH- this is HUGE! I am grateful for instant messenger, without it, I dont think I could get through my day with smiles; thanks to a couple of my friends, some old and some new!
I finally decided what I want to do past graduation; masters in health care administration/management. And finally I am grateful to have soo many blessings in 2011, even though it was a rough year financially, I will get back on my feet now that I am back to where I was financially before taking the new job... I love pay raises and oil royalties LOL... (thanks mom in heaven for making sure your kids are secured). Now if the IQD could RV, I would be one happy person.
When life hands you lemons... some make lemonade.. I stuff them in my bra!
No comments:
Post a Comment